Pools in private homes have long been common: for many owners they are an indicator of solvency, for others - an excellent place for swimming. In any case, the pond is always relevant, as a place for sports and as a decoration of the site's landscape. However, the development of modern construction technologies has led to a huge variety of materials and methods of installing swimming pools. In this assortment it is not easy to navigate. Knowing not only the external, but also the technical characteristics of different designs, you can purchase a product that satisfies all requests and preferences.
A huge variety of designs and materials allows you to buy almost any product. For example, one of the most simple and popular options - frame pools. Along with them, buyers buy inflatable structures. However, none of these products can not be called capital. According to reviews, the main drawback of inflatable and frame products is a limited service life. You can use them only in the summer and early autumn.
In today's market, you can find capital goods. One of the most modern types of structures are composite basins. For durability and strength, they are comparable with reinforced concrete and polypropylene structures.
Composition of composite pools
Composite pools are often called fiberglass because of fiberglass, which is part of the body. In addition, the material for the bowl of the construction is used kok-polyester. Fiberglass serves as a base, giving the body a hardness, and kok-polyester is a sticky binder. The composition allows fiberglass fibers to be uniformly distributed inside the pool shape, thereby reducing the load on the body throughout the font area.
Pros and Cons of Composite Pools
Fiberglass pools have many advantages, among which there are:
- resistance to temperature changes;
- resistance to enormous mechanical pressure (even in bulk structures).
Even if the pool is affected by pressure and temperature changes, it still preserves its integrity and does not crack. The design font has a long service life. Composite pools are resistant to aggressive environments (to alkalis, acids, etc.), to microorganisms and soil motions.
It is important that the installation of composite pools is possible in difficult conditions. They can be mounted on a site with groundwater. This feature is relevant in areas with a high level of occurrence of underground sources.
Another advantage of composites is hygiene: seaweed and small parasites (including bacteria) do not multiply on the surface of the fiberglass basin. This feature reduces the level of contamination of the font. Composite pools can be cleaned much less often than reinforced concrete and plastic structures. Among other things, the smooth surface of fiberglass structures is very easy to clean, you can use aggressive tools to clean it. However, professionals recommend using soft formulations for washing composite surfaces.
Many consumers prefer the installation of a composite pool because of its low cost. However, a small price does not indicate a bad quality. The service life of such structures is several times higher than that of reinforced concrete ones. Some manufacturers give a guarantee on their products from 20 years and more.
Despite the huge number of advantages, composite products have their drawbacks. One of the main drawbacks is that the composite basins are suitable only for mounting on the open area of the site. Installing a font in a closed space is very difficult. Another drawback of models from fiberglass in a small assortment of styles and colors. Most often, you can buy only those products that the seller already sells. The main drawback is that you will not be able to install a composite pool with your own hands without specific skills and knowledge. Therefore, it is recommended to entrust the installation of fiberglass fonts to professionals with extensive experience.
Installation of the structure on the site
To install a composite product is best to hire a team of professionals. However, in order to track the installation process, you need to know the correct sequence of installing the pool. Knowledge of the features will allow you to choose the right specialist, which will save you from unnecessary waste. If you had a similar experience, then having familiarized yourself with the specifics of installing a composite pool, you can install it yourself.
On average, the work on the construction of a composite product takes 3-7 days, but before the immediate installation it is necessary to conduct preparatory work. The installation of the composite model includes the following steps:
- First you need to determine the location of groundwater.
- After that, dig a foundation pit for a font and make a connection. For a small pool, the water supply and sewerage can be carried out independently. To bring the communication to large fonts, it is better to use the services of professionals and special equipment. Specialists will help you correctly calculate the capacity of the water pipe and the volume of sewer systems and wells.
- After digging the foundation pit, a pillow of rubble and sand is covered on its bottom. Optimum use of fine sand and rubble of the middle fraction.
- When the pillow is tamped - install the font itself. To do this, use special lifting equipment. During installation, constant adjustment of the product position is required. When the position is selected, you can fasten the font.
- The final stage of installation is the connection of treatment facilities, pumps and sewerage. The equipment itself can be installed near the pool or at a distance. Installation of communications in the distance from the font will cost much more. The solution is poured into the cavity between the reservoir and the walls of the pit. The concrete grade is chosen depending on the climate in the territory. After the cement is poured, the formwork is assembled to cast the space around. Before solidifying the solution, the pool is checked for proper location.
The above instructions will allow you to mount a reservoir by yourself or to track the correctness of the work of a team of professionals. After installing the font, you can finish decorating the adjacent territory. Traditionally, the pool is surrounded by a concrete screed. Its depth is 15-25 cm, and its width is 50-70 cm. The structure is reinforced and after drying it is finished with stone, tile or mosaic.
Stamps of composite products
The active production of composite basins in Russia began relatively recently. According to reviews, in our country one of the most accessible are composite pools "Blue Lagoon". The company offers a wide choice of shapes and colors of ready-made fonts. No less popular are the composite pools "Franmer". The peculiarity of the company is a large size range of models. Both companies are domestic producers, so delivery and payment is available to any consumer.
Design of a swimming pool in a private house
Inflatable Pools Intex
Water heater for swimming pool