Claydite-concrete blocks are strong and frost-proof and at the same time are light enough. They are created by adding claydite gravel to the cement slurry. The size of the filler added depends on parameters such as strength and energy-saving characteristics.
Types of material
Claydite concrete is divided into several types by purpose and technical characteristics:
- Full-bodied expanded clay blocks. Such products are of high density and have no holes. It is worth noting that they have a lot of weight when compared with other types of products. To create such blocks, an expensive brand of concrete is used, which increases the strength of products.
- Hollow blocks. Such products are characterized by low thermal conductivity, so in the winter season the building is warm, and in the summer there is a cool. It is worth noting that the strength of such products is low. Because of this, slab keramzit concrete blocks are used when creating single-storey buildings or partitions. Such products are laid down with voids down on the cement slurry.
- Structural and heat-insulating products. Such products are used for thermal insulation and the creation of walls.
Claydite-concrete blocks can also be divided into wall, partition walls and facing. Products of the first type are characterized by increased strength and can have the following dimensions (length, height, thickness):
- 39х19х18,8 sm;
- 28,8х13,8х13,8 sm;
- 28,8х28,8х13,8 sm;
- 19h19h18, 8 cm.
It should be noted that if the materials are full-bodied, their weight is about 26 kg. If there are voids inside the products, they weigh about 17 kg. Also, there are also pier-crest blocks.
The partition walls are not burdensome. That is why the height of the products is less than their width. Their weight ranges from 7 to 14 kg.
Facing products are used only for exterior decoration of buildings. Such blocks can have a colored surface. Painted materials are not subject to negative environmental effects, as the paint contains elements of clay and other additives. This provides resistance to moisture and other factors. With the right choice of materials, you can design the building in an original way. If the creation of the construction will occur with their own hands, it is important to purchase a quality adhesive for expanded clay blocks.
Advantages and disadvantages of the building material
Since the described products are used for a short time, many builders are still arguing about them. The advantages of expanded clay blocks include:
- Light weight. Thanks to this characteristic, claydite-concrete blocks are easy to transport and fix when building a structure. At the same time during construction, you do not need to spend money on a massive foundation.
- Ecological compatibility. When creating the described materials, materials such as water, expanded clay, cement and sand are used.
- Good sound insulation. Due to the fact that claydite-concrete blocks do not miss sound, no need to spend money on creating an additional soundproof barrier.
- High coefficient of thermal conductivity. The described material accumulates heat inside and slowly gives it away, so it is often used in the construction of houses in regions with a predominance of low temperatures. According to the feature described keramzitobeton surpasses sand cement cement bricks.
- Do not require special care. Ceramsite concrete products retain their characteristics for 50 years, so you do not have to worry about damaging the structure.
- Strength. Each square centimeter of the described material is able to withstand a load of about 75 kg, so it is possible to create residential houses from it.
- Tightness, low moisture absorption and good air exchange. The claydite granules used in making the blocks are covered with a crust during firing, which helps to adjust the moisture level in the material.
- Resistant to fire. Due to this characteristic, in the event of a fire, the material does not contribute to spreading the flame.
But the material described has its drawbacks, which are also worth considering when buying. These include:
- Porosity. If you compare blocks keramzitobetonnye with concrete, it is worth noting that the porosity affects the characteristics such as frost resistance and density.
- Friability. Because of this drawback, the described material has a limited field of application. Also because of this, you have to carefully select the fasteners.
- Expanded clay is difficult to process, because it is difficult to perceive the shock and dynamic load.
Also, many builders consider the lack of instructions for manufacturing the described material with their own hands to drawbacks. But even with such shortcomings, such products are increasingly replacing brick, wood and concrete in the construction of residential buildings.
What to look for when choosing claydite concrete
During the acquisition of blocks, you can see that they have different weights for the same voidness. When choosing it is worth considering that products with a density of up to 900 kg / m3 have the best thermal conductivity. They help reduce the load on the foundation and can be installed without thermal insulation material. The type of material described has a rough surface, which increases the cost of subsequent finishing.
Products with a density of more than 1000 kg / cc. m have a higher weight, but their surface is smooth. This allows you to reduce the cost of buying plaster. It is worth noting that the described type of products contributes to the increase in thermal inertia of the structure, so the temperature differences in the premises are smoothed out with a sudden change in the outside temperature. In this case, the blocks described have a lower cost.
Also, when buying, it is important to pay attention to the shape of voids. It is important to remember that only volume matters. There are several types of blocks:
Virtually all of these types of expanded clay blocks are used in the construction of houses.
In addition, it is important to choose the right material for the partitions. If it is necessary to create a septum, which is affected by a large load, it is worth choosing full-bodied products. If the wall is not affected by the load, hollow ones are purchased.
If the material is purchased for finishing works, you can purchase not only solid blocks. The purchase of hollow products can significantly reduce the cost of building a house. At the same time, they are sufficiently strong and can withstand the loads acting on the facade of the building.
Color and decorative blocks
The composition of colored products is the same as usual. But you can choose one of several shades. Such products are used in case when it is necessary to create a unique facade of the building or when it is not possible to carry out finishing works. They are also often used in order not to use heat insulation material.
Decorative claydite-concrete wall blocks differ from colored ones in that they are made of expanded clay and expanded polystyrene and can simulate the surface of various materials.
They are used in the following cases:
- if desired, save on construction materials;
- in case the owner of the house wishes to speed up the construction process;
- if you want to create a house with your own hands;
- when fixing the specified material in 2 layers do not need to use a heater
The features of decorative blocks include:
- A lot of textures and shades of this material.
- Strength. This material can be used for a long time and does not need to be repaired.
- The opportunity to save on the finishing of the facade.
- Resistance to adverse environmental effects.
To properly choose the shade of the facade, it is worthwhile to look at the photo of claydite-concrete blocks of various shades.
It is worth noting that decorative materials are more massive than colored ones. At the same time, colored ones are painted in natural dyes, and industrial ones are used for decorative painting. It is worth noting that to create an inexpensive structure it is worth choosing this material, since it is the best replacement for expensive brick. Thanks to the presence of decorative and colored blocks, you can beautifully trim the building, making it more beautiful than a standard brick building.
Expanded blocks of pluses, minuses, reviews
What is better keramzitobetonnye blocks or gas silicate
House of expanded clay blocks plus and minus